($28.00 for 0.31 oz.) is a medium-dark plum with subtle, warm undertones and a glossy finish. It never thoroughly dried down and remained relatively emollient to the touch (so by no means transfer-resistant) so that lustrous finish was very noticeable!
It had sheer coverage, which was marketed and could be built up to semi-sheer to medium coverage if desired. The texture had a lot of slip and felt very emollient to the touch, so it was spreadable and blendable, but I was surprised and happy to see that it retained its color when applied and didn’t just spread away to nothing. The product, as it did not lift base products. It stayed on nicely for six before fading noticeably.
for details on general performance and characteristics (like the scent).
- (P, $30.00) is shimmery, darker, and warmer (90% similar).
- (P, $18.00) is darker and warmer (90% similar).
- (P, $7.00) is more generous and less glossy (90% similar).
- (P, $21.00) is more shimmery, muted, and cooler (90% similar).
- (LE) is shimmery, lighter, and cooler (90% similar).
- (P, $16.00) is darker and less glossy (90% identical).
- (P, $20.00) is lighter and warmer (85% identical).
- (LE, $24.00) is lighter and warmer (85% similar).
- (P, $30.00) is shimmery, darker, and cooler (85% similar).
- (LE, $30.00) is cooler (85% similar).
$28.00/0.31 oz. – $90.32 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to give a “transparent veil of color” with a “light, balmy finish” that is “long-lasting.” It’s one of the more emollient consistencies I’ve encountered inthese days! It looked like a solid, dome-shaped balm, but as soon as I touched it, the texture had a high slip and felt almost oily. They delivered on the “transparent veil of color” with sheer to semi-sheer coverage that blended into a more watercolored effect on the skin.
I was surprised–but in a good way–to find that itand didn’t seem prone to lifting my base products as often; very emollient textures can interact more noticeably when layered over other things, in my experience. It worked well over bare skin and didn’t “sink” into pores like some have for me.
It didn’t dry and, so the shorter-wear time (six to seven hours) wasn’t surprising. The product didn’t feel tacky, just emollient throughout; I have more “normal” on my actual cheek area where I tested this formula (I’m drier near my nose and nose).